Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Caden is 2 3/4 years!

I feel like I've been doing a pretty good job of documenting what Annabelle's been doing lately, but sometimes I forget that when I look back on this in years to come, it will be nice to know what Caden is up to developmentally these days.  Caden turned 2 yr and 9 months week before last.  He is still such a good kid; although, occasionally, he does remind us loudly and clearly that he is still a two year old.  He is so well behaved and well manored.  He is very good at saying "please" and "thank you".  It melts my heart when he says (completely unprompted) things like, "Thank you for making me these muffins, Mommy" or "Thank you for teaching my Sunday School class."  Also, he's so good at settling himself down.  Lately, when I put him in "time out", I will tell him to stay in his room for a few minutes until he's ready to apologize to Mommy/Annabelle/Daddy...and a few minutes later, he will quietly and sweetly walk out of his room and walk up to one of us and say, "I'm sorry for ___".

He still loves his cars and trucks.  I never thought pretending to pick up garbage could be so cute!
 
He loves being a helper.  He often helps me do all sorts of things around the house.  Here's a picture of him helping me empty the dishwasher. 
 
He just loves anything firetruck/fireman related.  He asks to watch "Fireman Sam" on tv during his 30 minutes of tv time in the morning.  Earlier this week, he asked me where his glove was.  I thought I had seen the oven mit sitting around, so I picked it up and asked if he was looking for the oven mit.  And he said, "That's my fireman glove!"
 
Here's a picture of our happy girl on a trampoline at a friend's house last week.  Can't believe she's turning 1 three weeks from tomorrow...


No comments: