Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Mother's Day and the End of the School Year's Activities

We had a low key Mother's Day weekend.  All I asked for was a picture with my babies; unfortunately, my request was met with whining and crying.  Out of frustration, I deleted the crying pictures.  I wish I had kept them to post here, so the kids could see how ridiculous they were being.

A post church picture. 
 
A Mother's Day card that Caden made for me at school.

 
A questionnaire that Caden filled out.
 
Annabelle answered this "ad-lib" about her wedding at school.  It was pretty funny reading all of the kids.  One little boy, Cohen, who is going to be an Explorer with Annabelle next year at Covenant, said he wanted to marry Annabelle.  Annabelle said that, if Caden doesn't want to marry her, she will just marry Cohen. Annabelle's Wedding Story goes like this, "I will marry my brother who is 7.  I met him at the park playing on the monkey bars and swings.  I will wear a pretty purple dress with white shoes.  My husband will wear jeans and a work shirt.  We will get married at the park or church.  I will invite my mommy and daddy and my family to the wedding.  After the wedding, we will serve cookies and pizza and drink water.  We will live in Colorado in a house.  My job will be to work at a vet and fix animals.  My husband will work in an office building.  We will have 2 kids, a girl named Violet and a boy named Caden.  We will have one dog."
 
 
Brian and I went to a crawfish boil the weekend of Mother's Day.  It was an RSVP party from the auction.  Here's a pic of the 1st grade moms who were in attendance; left to right: Michelle Wilson, Angie Buja, Beth MacFarlane, Hilary Baker, Laura, Heather Roberts, Denise McKay, and Brooke Penley.
 
Brian and I enjoying the crawfish.
 
Caden had his second presentation of the year in May.  Each child was assigned an ecosystem.  They had to make a diorama and present five different facts.  Caden was assigned deserts.

 
 
Caden finished his first season of baseball.  He absolutely loved it, and he improved so much over the course of the season.  His team finished 10-1-1.  Here's a picture after their last game.  Back row: Carlo Capice, Drew Dzina, Chris ___, Nicholas Carter, Isaac ___, and Everett Horan.  Front row: Caden, Levi Webb, Andrew Collins, Adam Thomason, and Andrew Dawson.  Not pictured: Luke Baker.
 
Levi, Everett, Caden, and Adam lined up in their batting order waiting for their turn.
 
Annabelle finished her year of her ballet and tap combination class.  Her recital dance was ballet, so they performed a short tap dance for the moms at the end of the last class.
 
The girl loves to perform. 
 
Annabelle is continuing gymnastics through the summer, but her school year class came to an end.  She had so much fun in this class this year.  Annabelle with her coach, Rebecca, and her class.
 
One of our original preschool playgroup friends is moving to the suburbs.  We had a moms' dinner out to say goodbye to Jenny.  Front row: Laura, Jenni Purser, Mel Conner.  Back row: Natalie Knotts, Andrea Murry, Becky Overstreet, Kira Hartgrove, Heather Baker, Jenny Zimmerman, and Leigh Ann Tucker. 
 
We also had a play date at the park for the kids to say goodbye.  The kids on the monkey bars.
 
Jack Baker, Isla Baker, Belle Hartgrove, and Annabelle being silly on the swings. 


No comments: