Tuesday, November 11, 2025

Start of Basketball and Bear's Attack

Caden went straight from cross country right into basketball again this year.  The football players haven't yet joined the team, so Caden is the "big man". 

Bear and I were on a walk and a mean, huge dog slipped off his leash and attacked Bear.  He bit Bear in multiple places and shook him while he had him in his mouth.  I really thought that he was going to kill Bear.  The other owner and I could not get him to stop.  Thankfully, a neighbor's friend heard us screaming and ran over and started punching the other dog until he released Bear.  I took Bear to the urgent care animal hospital, and they stitched him up.  A picture of him sleeping that evening.

He was so sad looking.

He wouldn't eat for about 24 hrs, which is VERY out of character for him.  





Annabelle had her first basketball game.  They started the season off with a win!



4 days after the attack, I noticed that his wound did not look good and the stitched up spot had broken open.  So we had to take him back to the animal urgent care.  They had to do surgery on him to remove a bunch of infected and dying tissue near the teeth marks.  He has two 4" diameter holes in his skin now.  We have to take him in daily for wound cleaning and for them to reapply the bandages.  

Lots of rest and recovery ahead.

No comments: