Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Remembering Nanny/Great Nanny

My very special Nanny, Frances Story Whitehead, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, November 2nd.  While I know she was completely ready to be in heaven and free from her failing body, I will miss her terribly.  We used to call her in the car when we were driving around town.  Several times in the past few weeks, Annabelle has asked in the car if we can call Great Nanny.  I am so grateful that she was able to meet my children, and I could not have asked for a better grandmother.  Here are a few pictures from over the years.

A half cut-off Bob, Nanny, Paw Paw, my cousin Jon, and me in 1983.
 
Nanny, my cousin Christy, and I Easter of 1984.
 
Family picture from 1992.
 
Easter 1993.
 
Christmas 1994
 
Baylor graduation, December, 2001. 
 
Laura, Nanny, and Mom at our Merrimac house in 2008.
 
 
This is one of my favorite pictures that I have of my Nanny and Paw Paw.
 
A few pictures from her memorial. All five of her grandkids, left to right, youngest to oldest: Jeffrey, Christy, Jon, Laura, and Bob.
 
The Juillerat "kids" 
 
Mom and me. 
 
Juillerat family 
 
The kids had no interest in pictures.  This was the best we got from the Wednesday night visitation. 
 
Annabelle and Mommy. 
 
The Juillerat great-grandchildren.  Nanny's seventh great grandchild, Kate, didn't make the trip from Ohio with her parents, Jon and Julie.  Here are Jack, Abby, James, Hallie, Caden, and Annabelle. 

All of the Juillerat family
 
The Juillerats and Trouts 
 
Nanny's sister Kathleen and her husband Bill, along with two of their children, Suzanne and Lil, were able to travel from Florida for the services.  They hopped in this picture with the Juillerats and Trouts. 



No comments: