Monday, April 11, 2016

Kitchen: Before and After

We are finally completely done with all of our renovation and construction projects!!!  Even though the kitchen has been done for a while, I hadn't taken the time to take pictures of it.  I finally did that last week (right after the maids came :) ).

A few before pictures.  I wasn't a fan of the colors of the old kitchen, but my real problem with the kitchen was the layout.  The old layout just felt backwards and really awkward to me. 
  


And the after pics...I am so pleased with the way it turned out!  I love the way it looks, and it really functions so much better!  The view from the living room.  

 
 
 
The stainless steel vent hood was a last minute addition.  I opted for this one over a white cabinetry one.  I'm so glad that I did; I really love this one.
 
The sink and fridge wall.
 
 
The hostess/"wet bar" area. 
 
The view from the door to the powder room and laundry room.
 
We also made a few changes to the powder bath that's right off the kitchen area.  It was just way to cramped before.  Here's a before picture.  You could literally wash your hands while you were sitting on the toilet. 

 
We put in a much smaller pedestal sink.  And we swapped out the elongated toilet for a regular size one.  It gives us an extra foot in between the two.  And we painted it gray.


No comments: