Thursday, February 10, 2011

Patty-cake

Caden has started talking so much!  He's totally camera shy, though.  He'll be babbling away (his favorites are "mama" and "baba" and sometimes "dada"), and then it'll come to a screeching halt as soon as he sees the red light of the camera on him.  He's really starting to try to say words; as I handed him banana for breakfast yesterday, he repeated me by saying "bababa", and he's pretty consistent at saying "mama" when you ask him to.  Hopefully, we'll get him on camera soon!

We had ice and snow again yesterday, so Brian and I both worked from home.  Today is still cold, but at least the streets are pretty clear.  We're definitely ready for Spring!

Here's a video of Caden singing patty-cake with me last weekend.

I realize that we are totally biased, but we think Caden is such a smart little guy.  He picks things up so quickly.  We hadn't used his projection mobile in months, then when I turned it on last week, he loved watching it.  I showed him once which button he needed to push to turn it on.  The next morning when he was talking in his bed before I got him up, I looked in the monitor and saw him standing in front of the mobile.  When I went in there to get him, he had turned it on.  Now he turns it on during most naps.  Here he is standing next to it earlier this week.

No comments: