Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tyler Zoo

This past week was pretty crazy.  Monday we were heading out to go play with some friends, when the gate wouldn't open.  I got out and realized that it had been knocked off its tracks, most likely by the garbage truck.  I had to call our fence guy and he said he would head right over.  So I decided to clean the pool while we were waiting for him to arrive.  Caden insisted on coming inside the pool fence while I was scrubbing it, which is what he usually wants to do.  Every time I let him in the fence, I always tell him to be super careful because I don't want to jump in the pool to save him.  Well, of course, what does he do but fall in.  Without even thinking, I jump in to grab him.  As we're climbing out, he's crying, "I'm all wet", and I realize that my iphone is in my pocket.  Ugh!!!  It wouldn't turn on after a 36 hour rice bath, so I took it up to the Apple Store.  They opened it up, and told me it was wet all the way to the innermost layer, so it was never going to turn on again.  So I have ordered the iphone 5, and I will soon be ordering a water proof case for my new phone.  The whole situation was pretty irritating, because if it weren't for the garbage truck, we would've been at our friend Zoe's house.  Thanks a lot city of Dallas...

Brian was in NYC Wed-Fri, so we headed over to Tyler for the second half of the week.  Out of the blue, on the way to Tyler, Caden says, "Mommy, I fell in my pool".  And I said, "Yes, you did, and it cost Mommy and Daddy $500."  To which he said, "Mommy and Daddy no happy."

Thursday morning we went to the Tyler Zoo.  Caden had so much fun, since he just loves zoos and animals.   We love the Dallas Zoo, but it's always nice to see different animals.  Here's everyone checking out the Mountain Lions.
Caden had never seen a white tiger before.  The male was just hanging out in a tree.


The female had very light grayish stripes. 

Brian and I have been teaching Caden our respective cheers.  We were talking about animal sounds in the car on the way to school on Wednesday, and I asked Caden, "What does a bear say?"  To which he replied, "Sic 'em, horns!"...it's confusing for a 2yr old to have two chants to remember :)
Here's Caden and Papa with a Longhorn.

And with a bear...

A Hummingbird landed on a guys hand, and he was nice enough to come right up where Caden could see it.  The adults thought it was pretty neat; Caden was unimpressed.

We took a lunch break by the giraffes. 

I think Caden's favorite part may have been driving this tractor. 

Annabelle had fun, too. 

Poor Annabelle has had a rough week.  She's had a cold for a few weeks.  And she was uncharacteristically grumpy this week, so I took her to the doctor only to find out she had an ear infection.  Now that she's been on antibiotics for 2 days, she's back to her old, happy self.  Annabelle now enjoys standing next to her music table. 

Here's Caden at about the same age. 




No comments: